How to Get Rid of Smoke Damage and Smell
Smoke damage can wreak havoc in your home. Kitchen flare-ups, closed fireplace flues, and electrical fires can send smoke throughout your house, charring walls, covering everything, and stinking up the place. The longer you let smoke and odors linger, the more they soak into walls, carpets, and furniture. Smoke damage becomes harder to repair over time. Get rid of odors quickly to avoid a persistent problem.
Call the professionals let us begin!!!!!
If you’ve had extensive smoke damage, professionals can help you clean up and get rid of smoke odor.
Once the fire’s out or the flue is open, ventilate the house as quickly as possible to mitigate smoke damage.
SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County and China Grove the Smoke or fire remediation company: Certified in inspection, Cleaning and Restoration, WE use ozone treatments or thermal fogging to eliminate smells in hard-to-reach areas. Ozone treatments use an ozone generator to send an electrical current through the oxygen, which attacks the smoky odor. Thermal fogging works at the molecular level and generates fine particles to infiltrate the pores of affected materials.
SERVPRO DOES a Professional duct cleaning: Vacuum-scrubs ducts to clear soot and smoke residue
SERVPRO Carpet cleaning: Steam cleans your carpets.
SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County and China grove will perform a Deep clean
Throw away heavily damaged or heavily smoked items, and will start cleaning the house top to bottom. WE WILL:
- Wipe down all hard surfaces counter-tops, appliances, and furniture—with a cleaning cloth.
- Wash walls and ceilings. Wipe soot away with a dry sponge. Rub away stubborn stains with a spray.
- even light bulbs. Remove bulbs to wash and dry thoroughly, then reinstall.
- Wash or dry-clean all clothing and drapes.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings with odor counteract-ants.
- Throw away all food that was not sealed in airtight containers.
- Replace all HVAC filters.