Quick information on mold
Molds are microscopic organisms found everywhere in the environment, indoors and outdoors. Common characteristics of mold :
• Sight (Appearances) – Usually appears as colored woolly mats. Mold may appear cottony, velvety, granular or leathery and come in any shade or color.
• Smell – Often produce a foul, musty, earthy smell.
General Mold Cleanup Recommendations
• Identify moisture problems and remove excess moisture with a wet-dry vacuum and dry out the building as quickly as possible.
• Make sure working area is well ventilated.
• Use fans to assist in the drying process.
• Clean wet items/surfaces with detergent and water.
• Work and egress areas should be cleaned with a damp cloth or mop and a detergent solution.
• Discard all water/mold damaged materials; discard mold damaged materials in plastic bags; discard all porous items that have been wet more than 48 hours.
• Consult with experienced professionals. SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County and China Grove the professionals you can trust.
Call us 704-939-1944