Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your home or business in the Kannapolis area has water damage from flooding or leaks, you need the company that can respond immediately and has the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is ready to help local residents and businesses. Our highly trained technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to your flooding or water damage. Our team uses advanced water damage inspection and extraction equipment to help them find the moisture and to remove it as quickly as possible. Our experienced technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is dry.
Please refer to our Water Damage Tips—Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (704) 939-1944
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.