Space Heater Comfort in Mount Pleasant, NC
Warmth of a Space Heater!
Space Heater Safety Facts and Tips
During the winter months in Mount Pleasant, it’s nice to have a space heater to take the chill off of a cold room, but did you know that space heaters are responsible for 43 percent of home heating fires in the United States? According to a report published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), space heaters were also responsible for 85 percent of associated deaths. SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove wants everyone to be safe this winter and we offer some space heater safety tips from the NFPA to prevent winter fires from starting in your home:
- Have a three-foot “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters.
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel burning space heaters.
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn off the space heater when you leave the room or go to bed.
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is on call 24 hours a day to help you. Call us at 704-939-1944. We’ll restore your fire damage in Mount Pleasant, “Like it never even happened.”
Storm Damage in China Grove?
Rain, rain, go away
That old saying says a lot about the damage rain can do when a structure is not properly protected from a rainstorm or other weather event. High winds, rain, and snow can all cause storm damage. SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove has a team of highly trained restoration technicians on call 24 hours a day to respond to storm damage emergencies in China Grove. We know that every minute counts when mitigating storm damage, so when we arrive, we will secure the structure and prevent further damage by immediately tarping and boarding up any compromised areas, and at the same time, we will also begin the cleanup and restoration process.
Here are some preventative maintenance tips for preventing storm and water damage from the Insurance Information Institute:
- Protect your home’s exterior by caulking and sealing windows to prevent water seepage.
- Inspect your roof and replace missing and damaged shingles.
- Check your downspouts to be sure they direct water away from the house and clear any debris from the rain gutters.
When you need help with storm damage in China Grove, SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove has a team of highly trained storm restoration technicians on call assist you day or night. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is Independently Owned and Operated.
Water Damage Timeline
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 at
Different Types of Storm Damage
Cleaning up after a storm
- Storm Related Water Damage - This category of storm damage includes flooding events like tropical storms, flash floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes or Pretty much any storm related event that causes water to intrude into your home or business. This type of damage often happens as a result of or alongside several of the other common types of storm damage.
- Wind Damage - High winds can cause significant damage to roofs, trees, vehicles and windows.
- Hail Damage - dents in shingles, vents and cars
- Lightening Damage - can spark fires
- Winter Storms - Freezing Rain, snow which can cause roof collapse, ice dams and pipe bursts
Regardless of the type of storm damage that you may experience, SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is available to walk you through the necessary steps needed to restore your home or business.
Call us at- 704-939-1944
Flooded Basement due to Heavy Rains
Heavy rains in Kannapolis, NC
SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- Your availability to meet us on site
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 - 704-939-1944
Safety before the Feast
Top causes of Thanksgiving Day Fires
Although this year's Thanksgiving may be scaled down from previous years, we all need to stay vigilant when it comes to cooking this year's feast. According to the NFPA, cooking is the main cause of home fires and injuries with Thanksgiving being the peak day. Here are some safety tips to ensure that you have a safe day:
- Never leave food cooking unattended
- Use a timer and check food regularly while cooking
- Keep small children at least 3 feet away from the stove and oven
- Do not wear loose clothing or dangling sleeves that could catch on fire
- Keep flammable items away from appliances in the kitchen that generate heat
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen year round
- Make sure all kitchen appliances are turned off before going to bed
- Check your smoke alarms to make sure they are working properly
Wishing you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
If you do experience a fire or smoke damage during the holidays, or any time of year, SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is Here to Help!
Winter Weather Tips for Business
Prepare your business now for winter
Winter is just around the corner, so is your business ready? SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is ready 24/7 365 days a year in the event that your business encounters a disaster, but here are some tips for winter preparations:
- Clear downed tree limbs and branches around your building and property
- Inspect walkways and parking lots for drainage issues
- Install non-slip mats and caution signs in slippery or hazardous areas
- Clear leaves and debris from gutters to ensure they are working properly with downspouts directed away from your building
- Shut off any outdoor faucets and make note of where your water shut off valve is located
- Replace all of your air filters
Preparation doesn't prevent emergencies from happening, but it can help minimize the extent of the loss.
How Thunderstorms Form
When disaster strikes, Call 704-939-1944
Thunderstorms typically form when warm, moist air collides with cold air. The warm air becomes cooler which then causes condensation and water droplets. The rising and falling of air creates a thunderstorm cell. The moving air can then create electric charges that build up allowing lightening to form and spark. Thunder is the sound that occurs with the lightening strike but sound travels slower than light.
Thunderstorms can consist of one cell (Normal Thunderstorms), multi-cells (Squall lines) or Supercells which produce damaging hail, high winds and possible tornadoes.
Should your home or business be damaged from any type of storm, SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is available to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Call us at 704-939-1944
Concord NC Business Water Loss
In the event of a water emergency in your business, are you prepared? SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is readily available and experienced in restoring businesses after a flood or water loss. Mitigation requires quick action. The faster we arrive on site, the better the results, limiting the amount of business interruptions caused by the loss and keeping the claim costs lower.
SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove has successfully assisted many businesses in the Concord, Kannapolis and Salisbury communities when the unexpected happened. We are equipped to get the job done right, ensuring your business can get back into operation as quickly as possible. No job is too big for SERVPRO as we have more than 1700 franchises nationwide to back us up.
Every Second Counts
Every second counts during a fire. In a matter of moments, a small flame can become a major fire. Fire experts agree that once an alarm goes off, you only have one to two minutes to escape safely. It is critical to have an escape plan in place and practice it at least twice a year to increase your chances of survival. Make sure you have working smoke detectors in your home as well. Here are some suggestions to help you develop your emergency escape plan:
- Draw a map of each level of your home showing 2 ways out of each room.
- Choose an outside meeting place a safe distance from your home.
- Consider escape ladders for sleeping areas on second floors
- Teach children how to escape on their own.
- Practice your fire escape plan
When it comes to fire safety, advance planning is a priority.
If you do experience a fire damage, SERVPRO of North Cabarrus County & China Grove is available 24/7 to help you navigate through the crisis.